Metal roofs are light, durable, and often made of eco-friendly recycled materials, so it’s no wonder that installing solar on metal roofs is an increasingly popular topic among homeowners. If you fall into this category, the good news is that metal is one of the best roof materials for solar panels. Ease of installation, durability, and environmental benefits are just three of the reasons to consider putting solar panels on a metal roof. Here are the top 5 things to consider if you want to install solar on a metal roof:
- It’s easy to mount solar panels on a metal roof
- Solar metal roofs can host thin film panels and standard PV panels
- Metal roofs are durable and can outlive your solar panels
- Solar panels can increase the cooling benefits of a metal roof
- Metal roofs and solar panels generate an eco-friendly home
Read on for a more in-depth explanation of all of these topics.